What is Adopt-A-Shore?
Adopt-A-Shore is a cooperative partnership between the public/private sector and Lee County. It is a program that allows individuals and/or groups* to participate in community involvement through the “adoption” of approximately one mile of county shoreline. Participants agree to perform four cleanups a year to remove litter and debris. Shore adoptions greatly enhance the appearance of our shorelines and go a long way to reducing the debris from entering our waterways and polluting the natural habitats of our native wildlife.
*A group is defined as a business, a public or private school, or a civic, fraternal, community or religious organization
How Does it Work?
All you need to do is:
- Complete our online application to adopt
- Select approximately one mile of shoreline you want to adopt
- Sign an agreement to do four cleanups a year for a two-year period
- Agree to comply with safety procedures
- Submit an online report with cleanup results
How Much Does it Cost?
Just a few volunteer hours! Keep Lee County Beautiful, Inc. will supply trash bags, gloves and forms at no cost to you or your business. We also provide volunteer general liability insurance coverage.
Current Groups and Locations
or suggest your favorite shoreline to add to the list!