Help send a yearlong message to Lee County citizens by producing a full-color drawing or painting on the theme of "Leave The Scene Clean." Students will visualize a correct environmental action and transfer that mental picture into a work of art. Possible ways of expanding on this theme could include: litter prevention, clean-up campaigns, beautification efforts such as landscaping and tree planting, protecting the environment, and recycling. Thirteen winners, one from each grade 1 through 12 and a cover winner, will have their artwork and portrait photo featured in a full-color 2014 calendar to be released in the Fall of 2013.
Complete an Entry Form 2012 "Leave the Scene Clean" Calendar Winners
AWARDS: Each of the 12 First Place Winners will receive a Certificate plus $50 , except the 12th Grade and Cover Winners who will receive a $500 cash scholarship ! Honorable Mention winners will also receive Certificates and Prizes. Award Ceremony to be held in the Fall of 2013 (date to be announced).
JUDGES: Special committee of KLCB.
RULES: 1. Deadline for entries is April 19, 2013. (Winners will be announced by mid May)
2. Each entry MUST HAVE completed Entry Form TAPED ONLY to back side.
3. Only ORIGINAL artwork with ORIGINAL CONTENT will be accepted.
4. Artwork should be in full color.
5. HORIZONTAL formats only. SIZE between 11" x 8.5" and 18" x 12" .
6. No mats or frames (they will be removed).
7. No more than 2 entries per person.
8. No 3-dimensional (sculpture, bas relief) entries.
Artwork is to be mailed or delivered to:
Lee County School District - Environmental Education Program
Via Pony Express or Drop Off at her office - 2855 Colonial Blvd Fort Myers, FL
OR to the KLCB Office:
8211 College Parkway, Suite 182
Fort Myers , Florida 33919
* All artwork, except 1st Place and Honorable Mentions, will be available for return to schools and students after winner notification. Any artwork not picked up will be discarded after June 30th .